Google+

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Make Money With YouTube

The exposure you can gain from YouTube is really amazing.  Whether you are a business owner, leader of an organization or a part-time content creator like me. According to my viewership stats 37% of all my traffic comes from YouTube suggested videos, as noted by the pink shaded area.  When someone watches a silly cat video they also end up clicking on something else that catches their eye in the side bar.  Sometimes that something else is a video I have produced.  Pretty cool.

Another 18% of my traffic comes from searches as noted by the red shaded area.  People use YouTube as a search engine.  In fact YouTube is the #2 search engine in the world, second only to Google.  This means more than half of all my traffic comes from YouTube referring people to my videos.  Like How To Get Free HDTV for example.

It really is a beautiful little ecosystem system and it really does pay to understand how search engine optimization (SEO) works.  As you can see from the analytic screenshot my channel was dormant for a few years until I relaunched it in 2011 with how-to videos.  There are many tips and best practices that can be used to get views.  One of the most important skills you can learn is how to tag a video with key words so that people can find it.  At first this was all an experiment for me but after learning how the system works there is definitely an art and science to gaining exposure and generating income with YouTube.  It's very fun and exciting when a hobby turns into a part time job.

No comments:

Post a Comment